The Newbold event features tons of local brews and live music.
At the South Philly SausageFest, one of Philadelphia’s tastiest events of the year, you’ll find sausage-inspired dishes from seven diverse Philly restaurants, along with plenty of local brews and live music, too.
On Saturday, Sept. 29 from noon to 7 p.m., Newbold restaurant favorites like Mike’s BBQ, South Philly Tap Room, the recently-opened Thirsty Soul, and Taproom on 19th, will feature dishes like an Andouille Sausage Sandwich with Slaw and Maple Mustard Dressing, Chorizo Burritos, and even a vegan sausage sandwich.
The festival will also feature draft beer from 12 Philly breweries, plus local cider and special offerings from South Philly’s Manatawny Still Works.
The South Philly SausageFest will be held on West Passyunk Avenue, from South Broad Street to 15th Street.
Full Food Menu at South Philly SausageFest:
- The Thirsty Soul — Martin’s Specialty Sausage Company’s Andouille Sausage Sandwich with Slaw and Maple Mustard Dressing
- Mike’s BBQ — Smoked Brisket Cheesesteak with Cooper Sharp Whiz and Fried Onions; McMike’s Rib Sandwich with House Pickles, Onions and BBQ Sauce on a Conshy Bakery Potato Roll
- South Philly Tap Room — Countrytime Farms Spicy Italian Parmesan Sausage Sandwich with Peppers and Onions; NoEvil “The Stallion” Vegan Italian Sausage Sandwich with Peppers and Onions
- Tap Room on 19th — Sausage Parm with Marinara and Mozzarella
- Café y Chocolate — Chorizo Burrito or Tacos; Pollo Azado Tacos
- Philly Pretzel Factory — Sausage, Pepper and Onion Sandwich; Sausage Pretzels
- Moon Dawg Sundaes — Fried Ice Cream Sundaes, Savory Frozen Desserts
Full Beer & Drink Menu at South Philly SausageFest:
- Brewery ARS — Better Shape (an IPA with Denali and Citra), Endnote (a stout with Ethiopian coffee), and Like-Minded Souls (a Kombucha saison)
- Ship Bottom Brewery — Barnegat Lager
- Commonwealth Ciders — Dry Hopped Cider, Black Cherry Cider
- Conshohocken Brewing — Blood Money IPA, Nightmare on East Elm Street Pumpkin Ale
- Evil Genius — #icanteven Watermelon Ale, Cocktails and Dreams
- Naked Brewing Company — Gingers Spiced Wheat, Buck Naked
- Attic Brewing Co. — Unbounded IPA, Illiado Cream Ale, Bloodhound Brown Ale
- Dock Street Brewery — Golden IPA, Docktoberfest
- Nodding Head Brewery — Monkey Knife Fight
- Point Breeze Brewing — Point Breeze Pale Ale, Reed Street Rye, L Hefe Lime Hefeweizen
- Philadelphia Brewing Company — PHL Session IPA, Newbold IPA
- Vault Brewing — Hidden Bine IPA with Vic Secret and Simcoe, Learned Behavior Gose
- Henniker — Working Man’s Porter
The festival is free to attend, and advance beer tickets are available for purchase right now at www.upcomingevents.com/e/south-philly-sausagefest-36403/?ref=uceh.
Tickets are four for $18, 10 for $35 and 18 for $54. Beer tickets will also be available for purchase at the event.
The South Philly SausageFest is also very family-friendly (and dog-friendly), and will also include fun activities for kids, and live music all day long.
Live Music Lineup:
- Brown Sugar/ Rolling Stones Tribute
- Venom Blues
- Blue Pharaohs
- Shakey Lyman
- Sun Hat
- New Pony
- The Whips
Proceeds from the South Philly SausageFest will fund Newbold CDC’s Street Cleaning Program.
South Philly SausageFest is produced by the Newbold CDC, with support from Space & Company, DJCRE, CRO Construction, Lang’s Produce, The Thirsty Soul, Mark Cement Contractors, Martin’s Specialty Sausage Company, Mediterranean Banquet Hall, Wildfire Radio and AJ Appliance Inc.
More information can be found at www.southphillysausagefest.com/.