Last weekend, a suspect attempted to start a fire on Fitzwater Street.
On Oct. 28 at approximately 6 a.m., an unknown white male was captured on surveillance video taking newspapers from a store.
The suspect then went to a residence on the 700 block of Fitzwater Street where he placed the newspapers inside the door mail slot to start a fire, causing minor damage.
The residents were not home at the time when the fire occurred, and no injuries were reported, police say.
The white male is described as having short hair with a clean shaven face. He appears to be between 25 and 30 years old, wearing blue pants, brown shoes, a gray or green overcoat and carrying a backpack.
- To view this video and more, visit The Philadelphia Police YouTube Channel or http://phillypolice.com/news
- If you see this suspect do not approach, contact 911 immediately.
- To submit a tip via telephone, dial (215) 686 TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
- Use this electronic form to submit a tip anonymously.
- All tips will be confidential.
If you have any information about this crime or this suspect, please contact: ATF Arson Task Force: Detective Ken Golczewski #897 (215) 446–7875 DC 18–03–063322.