“We want people to enjoy the holidays here on East Passyunk with a variety of options that bring a feeling of festiveness while staying safe,” said Adam Leiter, executive director of EPABID. “Whether you’re finding unique gifts from our local shops, coming for a private shopping appointment, grabbing food at an outdoor table or to go, or getting a holiday haircut, there’s an opportunity to enjoy a variety of socially distanced holiday activities.”
A tree has been lit and will remain at the Singing Fountain.
There will be socially distanced photos with Santa located by the Gateway tree at Broad Street and East Passyunk Avenue. Santa will be there on Sunday, Dec. 13, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 19-20, from noon to 2 p.m.
Other holiday happenings include:
- The East Passyunk Punch Card – Spend $100 at independent business and enter to win a weekly raffle
- Holiday Digital Scavenger Hunt – Look for decorations in the windows and doors along the Avenue
- Letters to Santa – Drop off letters to the North Pole Mailbox at the Singing Fountain
- Pop Up Music – Look for performances with carolers, musicians, Mummers and more
- Hanukkah Menorah – Light the menorah with the South Philly Shtiebel at the Singing Fountain
- Unexpected Philadelphia Windows – Look for this display of over two dozen almost life-sized photos of non-medical essential workers who have put themselves on the line for the Avenue and its visitors this year.
For more information, go to visiteastpassyunk.com or follow EPABID at Facebook.com/eastpassyunk, on Twitter @EPassyunkAve and on Instagram @eastpassyunk.
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to 150-plus independently owned shops and markets.
East Passyunk Avenue boasts more than 50 eateries, from authentic traditional Italian
restaurants to gastropubs, including many regulars on Philly’s best of lists. It is anchored by the restored Singing Fountain, a communal gathering place on Tasker Street.
Sponsors and partners are Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation, Samuels and Son Seafood, The Capri Dessecker Team at RE/MAX One Realty and WSFS Bank.