Second Saturday Summer Sidewalk Sale and Stroll is designed to showcase delightful, one-of-a-kind offerings from the many independently owned retail shops and services along the Avenue, as well as providing locals and tourists an opportunity to browse a variety of hand-picked wares, great gifting items, unique clothing, cool accessories, artwork and so much more.
Popular retail outlets such as Nice Things Handmade, Occasionette, and NRS Boutique will set up racks, tables, and special pop-ups along their storefronts for folks to shop, during each businesses’ particular hours of operation. A sample of the many participants includes the following:
- Deja 42 Art Gallery [1912 E Passyunk Ave] — Opening reception for new art exhibit “Inventum Terrae” plus browse artwork and crafted gifts
- Good Buy Supply [1737 E Passyunk Ave] – One-stop-shop for everything sustainable, including home goods, glass recycling, and so much more
- Latchkey [1502 E Passyunk Ave] — A love letter to the ‘80s and ‘90s with vinyl, tees, gifts, and more (Best Of Philly 2022 Winner)
- Metro Men’s Clothing [1710 E Passyunk Ave] — This new location of the iconic Avenue retailer will offer guests complimentary classic and spicy margaritas while shopping
- South Fellini [1507 E Passyunk Ave] – Philly-themed tees, hats, pins, and more
- Utopia Collective [1914 E Passyunk Ave] – Curated home goods, gifts, and décor
“There’s always something happening on East Passyunk, and this Saturday, there’s an abundance of reasons to enjoy a summer stroll along the Avenue,” said Adam Leiter, Executive Director of East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District. “With newly opened shops, a chance to explore sidewalk sales, new food spots, and favorites with drink and dining options, we have your mid-summer fun taken care of. Look for pop-up music at the Singing Fountain, and spend a beautiful summer day in South Philly.”
EPABID will host live music featuring local musical acts at the Singing Fountain for folks to enjoy including Dot Rose of Dottie’s Serenade Service (12pm), Mark Brown on saxophone (1pm), and Shakey Lyman (3pm). In addition to fan-favorite indoor and outdoor dining destinations, folks can select grab-and-go options from D’Emilio’s Old World Ice Treats, Essen Bakery, Juana Tamale, Kouklet Bakehouse, Milk Jawn, Primal Supply Meats, Stargazy, Teas n’ Mi, and Vanilya Bakery.