East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District, home to more than 160 independently-owned businesses in South Philadelphia, is hosting Second Saturday September Sidewalk Sale and Stroll, an all-day affair of shopping locally-made, Philadelphia-themed, and vintage finds from shops, boutiques, and more, plus pop-ups, and grab-and-go fare, with a line-up of live music and entertainment, onSeptember 10 from morning till night.
Second Saturday September Sidewalk Sale and Stroll is designed to showcase delightful, one-of-a-kind offerings from the many independently owned retail shops and services along the Avenue, as well as providing locals and tourists an opportunity to browse a variety of hand-picked wares, great gifting items, unique clothing, cool accessories, artwork and so much more.
Popular retail outlets such as Nice Things Handmade, The Utopia Collective, South Fellini, and NRS Boutique will set up racks, tables, and special pop-ups along their storefronts for folks to shop, during each businesses’ particular hours of operation. A sample of the many participants includes the following:
- Good Buy Supply [1737 E Passyunk Ave] – One-stop-shop for everything sustainable, including home goods, glass recycling, and so much more
- Latchkey [1502 E Passyunk Ave] — A love letter to the ‘80s and ‘90s with vinyl, tees, gifts, and more (Best Of Philly 2022 Winner)
- Metro Men’s Clothing [1710 E Passyunk Ave] — This new location of the iconic Avenue retailer will offer guests complimentary classic and spicy margaritas while shopping
- City Fitness [1701 E Passyunk Ave] — Complimentary day trial including classes, plus the new shake bar
- Philly Typewriter [1735 E Passyunk Ave] — New “Typewriter: Origins” exhibit, with typewriters displayed on tables outside for folks to test out
- Occasionette [1825 E Passyunk] —Curated gifts and goods, plus special late-summer items
EPABID will host live music featuring local musical acts at the Singing Fountain for folks to enjoy including Kamara (12pm), and Drew Nugent and the Midnight Society (2pm), as well as Will Courier Sr. at Flannel (6:30pm). In addition to fan-favorite indoor and outdoor dining destinations, folks can select grab-and-go options from D’Emilio’s Old World Ice Treats, Cartesian Brewing, Manatawny Still Works, Rival Bros Coffee, Stargazy, Juana Tamale, Kouklet Bakehouse, Milk Jawn, Primal Supply Meats, Teas n’ Mi, and Vanilya Bakery.
For more information about East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District, visit visiteastpassyunk.com