Before closing the doors to its original Bella Vista location, Kalaya Thai Kitchen will be hosting a farewell dinner on Saturday, Oct. 1.
Located at 764 N. 9th St., the final night will feature two seatings at 5 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. for a special 10-course menu. The event comes as chef and owner Chutatip “Nok” Suntaranon is set to open the restaurant’s brand new, expansive location in Fishtown later this fall.
“I cannot explain how difficult it will be to close the original Kalaya location, but we have incredible things to look forward to in Fishtown,” Suntaranon said in a press release. “We’re excited to make this final dinner as special as possible, so we’re going to take some reservations, invite in the neighborhood and regulars who have supported us throughout this journey, and serve the best dinner we possibly can for those who have provided us with immeasurable support since we opened in April of 2019.”
The menu will feature:
- Goi Nua (wagyu beef tartare with caviar)
- Laab Ped (duck salad)
- Kha Moo Kalaya (five-spice braised pork shank)
- Gaeng Som Play Ya Nhat (barramundi sour curry with pineapple)
- Nam Prik Kapi (shrimp paste relish with vegetables)
- Hed Pad (stir fry mushrooms)
- Moo Kapi Sator (pork stir fry with stinky beans)
- Pla Tod Kamin (turmeric monkfish)
- Goong Prik Klua (salt and pepper jumbo river prawn)
- Mango sticky rice
The dinner is priced at $175 per person. There will be 25 covers per seating with communal dining only.
Those interested in making a reservation can email email@example.com.