Home News

Pre-holiday heartache


A Thanksgiving Eve fire struck the home of a Point Breeze-situated older adult.

The blaze began around 4:45 a.m. Nov. 23 on the 1700 block of Annin Street, with personnel quickly arriving to contain the matter and to rescue the occupant, who had resorted to hanging from a second-story window to escape the flames, authorities said. She received transport to Methodist Hospital for possible smoke inhalation. As of press time, the Fire Department had not released word on the cause of the fire.

Exit mobile version