1911 BYOB, located at 1911 E. Passyunk Ave. and run by chefs Jon Raffa and Michael Gingras, recently introduced brand-new summer and brunch menus as well as a pasta collaboration with chef Janine Bruno for charity.
The pasta dish, which is a spinach gnocchetti, features ricotta, pancetta, peas and mint. Proceeds from the dish will go toward Mama Mare, an organization that provides services to those suffering from breast cancer. Bruno herself had utilized the organization’s resources during her own battle with breast cancer.
“We’ve been following Janine’s story and we’ve seen how big she’s getting, and we’re honored to collaborate with her on this pasta,” Raffa said in a press release. “It’s sort of an ode to Joey Baldino’s gnocchi at Zeppoli, where Chef Gingras used to work, but with our own spin. We’ve only been open a few short months, and we think this is a perfect opportunity to introduce two new menus while also starting to give back any way we can.”
The restaurant’s new summer menu features, among other things:
- Porgy toast, a house-cured porgy on sourdough with dill-dijon aioli
- Fluke crudo
- Chicken liver mousse with peach, hazelnut and crostini
- Tomato carpaccio
- Scallops with corn pudding
- Arctic char
- “The Chicken,” which is breast roulade, dark meat confit, cherries, green beans and jus
- Burger on brioche with bibb lettuce, tomato, Cooper sharp and bone marrow truffle aioli
On the other hand, the brunch menu features:
- Pork sausage with scrambled eggs and gravy on an English muffin
- Bucatini carbonara with pancetta, eggs and pecorino
- White asparagus with a sunny side egg, hollandaise, crispy shallot and spring onion oil
- Zucchini cannoli bread with whipped ricotta and chocolate chips
- Pancakes with charred scallion butter and paprika maple
- Rueben with corned mushroom, sauerkraut, Swiss and Thousand Island dressing on toasted rye
- Honey-whipped yogurt with toasted granola and seasonal berries
- Quinoa with beets and leeks
The restaurant is open for dinner Wednesday through Saturday and on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for brunch.